This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I know I know.. I have probably lost every loyal reader I might have possibly had because I am such a slacker. I am not slacking on purpose, just have been so busy lately I have barely had time to sleep, more or less sit down and write a blog.
The girls have started school and Hailey took her first day of Kindergarden well, she loves it. I knew she would. Now if I could just get her to sit down and focus on the things that she needs to be learning, like recognizing her letters and numbers, we would be ok. Olivia is such a quick learner that she just picked those things up without help from anyone. Hailey is a little more diffucult and pretty much has the attention span of a puppy. She will not sit still to learn anything. We have been working diligently at it though.
Olivia, of course, loves the second grade and is doing fantastic! She is actually reading at a 3rd grade level and its only the beginning on 2nd grade. So we are very happy. The girls continue to be in cheerleding. PA Extreme Cheer to be exact. There competitions start in October. They should be cute. They are learning a pretty complex dance which is really hard for some of the younger kids. But they enjoy it so we will see.
My football training started, two days a week two hour sessions. After this past weekend I could barely walk my quads and hamstrings hurt so bad. The good thing is when April comes we will be lean mean football playing machines. I can't wait.
D also is playing for a team called the Northern Penn Energy! They are a 6 man team out of Millersburg. He enjoys it. I think that since it is a 6 man team and played on a smaller scale, it gives him a chance to relive some of the high school glory without completely getting himself killed.
The next few weeks are going to be insanely busy, as always. The girls have school and cheer, Riley just has to occupy himself being home all day with no one to play with.. I personally think he loves it. There is no one fighting him for the toys or the TV.
I have football and work and the million other things I do.. The Pratt family is always busy, always. Plus, my 10 year High School reunion is next week. Can you believe that, 10 years. Ought to be a good time, but it still makes me feel old!
Well ta ta for now and I am going to try to make plans to update more often, the key word there is try! LOL

No comments: