This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Monday, November 21, 2005

FOOTBALL!

Ok, for those of you who know me you know that I am a fairly huge football fan! D is a huge football fan etc...
Also, for those of you who know me you know that I always enjoyed contact team sports.. I was never much the cheerleader type.. I was always a little bit more agressive then that. So this past Saturday I tried out for the Harrisburg Angels. What is that you ask? Well, the Harrisburg Angels are the Harrisburg area minor league or semi pro womans football team! I am also very excited to announce that I mande the team and will probably be playing a defensive lineman, though that could change. How cool is that! The tryout and practive on Sat killed me and I am so sore today I can barely walk, but its a good pain.. Its a finally getting off my butt and getting back in shape pain.. So I will make sure to post more about this and our schedule when the time comes!

The weekend was pretty quiet though I did take Olivia on Friday night to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.. It is a must see for anyone who loves Harry Potter. The movie is really long 2 hours and 50 minutes but well worth every minute. Livi and I went to the late show starting at 8 and she actually stayed awake up until the very last 10 min. So now I am torturing her by not telling her who actually dies at the end. Sorry no spoilers here! Go see it for yourself!
The theater was packed, we actually ended up sharing a seat! But we both could see good so it all worked out. It was probably the best Harry Potter movie so far. This is why I love having children! I can take Olivia to see movies like this that I also want to see without looking like to big of an idiot.. lol.
Hailey spent Friday night with her Pappy, they went to the annual Block Shoot out at the East Salem Fire Company (yes, we truly are hicks!) She actullay goes every year with him because it seems that my little red headed princess is quite the lucky one when it comes to the paddle wheel. In fact, this year again she proved herself by coming home with a ham and a turkey!
Riley went to D's mom's (nene) and hung out with her and Pop pop and the dogs. He enjoyed himself and was completely asleep by the time I got there to pick him up.

Sunday was pie baking day at the Pratt house. I actually made the pies from stratch.. from a pumpkin! If you can believe that. my mother and father in law actually cooked the pumpkins and cut them up on Saturday while I was at football tryouts. But on Sunday I took the pumpkin and cooked four pies.. and they are mighty mighty good if I do say so myself.
WInter is coming to Central PA.. I actually heard that it is supposed to snow tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday.. only about 1-2 inches but still.. Living where I live it will be interesting to see just how well my van will do in the snow.. lol..
I am sure I will be snowed in more then once this winter.

Everything else is good. Olivia got her report card and as we suspected she is doing excellent in school. She always has. Hailey also got her report card. She isnt doing as well. According to her teacher she doesnt know how to count to ten or how to say her ABC's. Now I know this is completely not true since I listen to her tell them to me all the time. I think that the teacher puts her on the spot and with her speech she gets uncomfortable when she has to talk in front of people. So I think she proabably just didnt do it. Needless to say D and I are taking this very seriously and have since gotten her into the doctor to get additional speech help and Sylvan leadning center to potentially try to help her with the things that the preschool is obviously not teaching her. I am just worried that when she hits kindergarden next year that the teacher will have trouble understanding her and they will pop her into a special education class, which is not what she needs at all. She is shy because of her speech and she knows that the kids have trouble understanding her. So I feel really bad. I suppose as a parent all I can do is try to teach her what she needs to know. It breaks your heart though when you kids are having social problems and she is only 4! Not to mention she is a red head and the middle child! She has been practically doomed from the beginning.. lol
Well I doubt there will be an update before Thanksgiving! SO everyone have a safe and happy holiday!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Wow, I don't even know how to respond to this post. You are so busy you make my head spin. And the female football team... Well all I can say to that one is, "You go Girl!" I couldn't do that even if I tried. Can't wait to see some pics of you in your uniform. I bet your hubby is loving that. My hubby wouldn't know what to do if I was interested in football. It's a good thing I'm not because then nothing would get done around the house with both of our butts parked in the recliner!

As for the speech thing with your daughter. My brother also had a speech problem. His was stuttering. He is now 24 years old and still has the problem. But I could never get my parents to realize there was a problem. He was probalby 9 or 10 before they finally realized it and took him to therapy. I commend you guys for taking it seriously and getting her help while she is so young.

And I agree with you about the ABC's and counting to 10. If you know she can do it, then she can. I'm sure she was probably just nervous and the teacher should take that into account and maybe let her practice a little extra or something.

Anyway, we're back from vacation and I hope to update my blog soon with some pics of the islands.

It's great to see you back blogging. I thought you had disappeared or something. Hope the new job is going well. I haven't had a chance to read your archives yet, so I don't know what you've been up to. Anyway, can't wait to get caught back up.

Take care!

Monica