This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Friday, September 23, 2005

OH Boy!

So last night I was checking out Haileys rash and it seemed to be getting worse, so I called the dr this morning and took her back in. The Dr. took one look at her and announced "she has chicken pox" I think that for a brief setting my heart actually stopped beating.. ok so I know that chicken pox are not a huge deal and are not the end of the world, but I am thinking chicken pox like I had, or like adults my age had when they were little. Where you got big spots and itched and had to stay in bed. You ran fever and got scars and etc. etc.
It seems that these days with children getting the chicken pox vacine that all they get it the rash and the itch with no other side effects. So I actually started breathing again. I still had to call her preschool, call the babysitter and every other child that she had been in contact with in the last two weeks. When I talked to her preschool teacher she informed me that they had sent two other kids home this week with the same thing. Great! She didn't really blame me, but I could tell she wanted too. :)
For now all we can do is give her oatmeal baths and all those other great remedies for the itching and wait for it to clear up! OH, and hope the Livi and Riley don't get it..
Last night was also the open house at Livis new school. I am happy to inform that the teacher says she is doing well in school and seems to be ahead of the class. We didn't get to talk to the nurse so we still haven't gotten to the bottom of her going there every day. But at least we know its not a class or social issue.
Well, the weekend is going to be boring just laying around and house work, as usual.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Chicken pox! I remember having it when I was 4. My kids haven't had it...yet. Hope she gets to feeling better soon and I hope the others don't get it!!

Dak-Ind said...

i fear chicken pox. i have yet to get them, and im in my thirties. when my older son got them, i had to stay away from home for a week!