This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Whats been going on!

I have not had much of a chance at all in about forever to post anything. It just seems like work, home, personal time everything is so much busier. Almost to the point of being crazy busy.
This past weekend was uneventful for us. Saturday D was sick all day so he spent the whole day in bed while the kids and I just hung out and played. I also mowed for some of the day which was going quite well until I ran into a rasberry busy and scratched the heck out of my entire thigh on my left leg. Needless to say that was the cue for me to park the mower and move on to better and less painful things. I also have to add that I have a broken pinky toe thanks to Hailey. For some reason this little petite 30 pound red head stomped on my toe just right, and now it is black and blue, swollen and very painful.. most certainly broken. If its not one of the kids, its me.
On sunday I spent the day at the hospital with my grandfather who isn't doing very well at all. The kids stayed home and drove D nuts all day as he was attempting to watch FOOTBALL! yes, its football season.. I am very excited about that. I will mention that the Colts look horrible this year. D and I also got tickets to see the Bears and the 49ers in Chicago on November 13.. so I am very excited not only for the time away for him and I.. but also the game!
On Sunday Riley did a very funny thing.. I think that we are definitely going to have problems with him.. lol.. he got in trouble for playing around on the couch and sitting on my sandwich. So, he ran back the hall to his room, and slammed his door! He slammed his door! hes TWO! I laughed so hard I almost fell off the couch. I couldn't believe it. I thought that they had to at least wait until they were four or so for that. LOL
Other then that things are just busy. School is going well for both girls, and Hailey finally got moved to the morning class so she has other kids in her class now. She likes it alot. Livi is very much enjoying school though she is already having problems with math.. just like her mom.


This is just a random picture of Riley I took as I was attempting to clean off the porch and he was dumping the watering can out.. He's so bad..

1 comment:

Monica said...

Mary:

Glad to see you back! It sounds like you are really busy. I'm wishing you the best for your grandfather. I hope everything turns out okay.

I also laughed when I heard about Riley slamming the door. My daughter also started that crap at 2. She is 4 now and we can barely manage it sometimes. What a temper!

I'm not with you on the football thing though. I DESPISE football. Jonathan is sooooo obsessed with it and would sit around every Sat. (he watches more college than pro) and Sun. and do nothing around the house for 5 whole months! It just drives me absolutely crazy!

Anyway, hope things calm down for you soon. Too bad you can't do anything about broken toes. Hope it heals up soon!

Monica