This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Everyone is sick

Ok, so not everyone is sick, but Riley is. And really sick at that. Last night his fever was up to 105.5. I called D at work and was told to immediately take him to the hospital, which I did. We were there for what seemed like forever. Riley laid, lathargic, and slept, while I watch endless reruns of Law and Order on USA. The doctors were able to finally get his fever down to about 101, although it was still not as low as they would have liked it. They did endless tests, including a chest xray, but they couldn't technically find anything wrong. They observed him for a while, gave me strict instructions and finally at 330 this morning sent us home. Of course, by 330 am he was feeling much better and was wide awake, not wanting to go to sleep like he needed too.
So this morning he was grouchy, and honestly I am not sure grouchy is even the right word for it. Extremely grouchy, crying, whining, wanting to be help. He was running a slight fever but I gave him some tylenol, per the dr, and sent him to the babysitters. An hour later she called me and his fever was right back up. So D took him to the drs, and is currently at the hershey medical center getting more tests done. They aren't entirely sure what is making him run such a high fever. but the fever is making him unresponsive (to a point). They aren't very happy about that. I am not either and I am very happy that we have drs who are doing something about it.
Olivia had her RIF parade today, which D was supposed to attend. She is going to be extremely upset that he wasnt there, but what could he do. I could't leave work with all the stuff I have to get done. If that was the case then i would have to be here half the night getting it all done, which I can't do again.
I hate letting the kids down, but sometimes there are priorities. I am sure that we will not be the only parents that aren't there.
Hopefully tonight will be much better and maybe I will finally be able to get some sleep.

No comments: