This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Friday, February 11, 2005

More Drama

It seems that this whole blog is filled with my families drama. And trust me, we are a dramatic family. Well, last night just reiterated the whole "drama" thing to everyone. I got home from work shortly after 5 as usual. Not being an avid 'cooker' we decided to go out to eat. We were getting everyone ready, shoes, coats etc. and I was changing my clothes. Riley went into the bathroom and shut the door. Not a problem, usually. So, about 5 minutes later Olivia came over and said that Riley locked himself in the bathroom. Again, I didn't panick thinking that he would just unlock the door and come out. By the time we were already by calls to him of "we are leaving to eat now" hadn't brought him out of the bathroom. So I went to the door and was talking to him, trying to explain how to unlock the door. He didn't get it. Now I was starting to panick (its something that moms do quite frequently and quite well) We took the door knob apart and off the door. Didn't work. Our house is old and the lock is only on the inside of the door and didn't go through to the outside. The hinges also, were on the inside of the door. So logically there was no way to get in, other than getting him to unlock the door. After about 30 minutes or so he started to cry. Let me out.. I was at this time completely on the verge of calling 911 and having the fire department come. D, calm as always, was even starting to panic. He didn't want to have to bust the door down knowing it was antique and irreplacable. But what's a man to do. I mentioned calling the fire department. He ask me what they would do to help. I said get riley out. He said Yeah by kicking the door down. His sarcasm was not amusing at the time.
So, the short of it all is that D kicked the door down. It splintered around the knob. We are having a wood restoration guy come in and look at it in vain hopes that it can be fixed. If not, we would have to repalce all four doors in the upstairs for it to look right at all.
Riley was ok when he came wandering out, although he will not go back into the bathroom. This morning he refused to step one foot in the door, even with coaxing from his sisters. This ought to get interesting.

No comments: