This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Back to the Daily Grind

Well, the week is coming to a close and its back to work I go. Vacation has been really nice. I suppose that most people wouldn't call it vacation, but it was, alot of sleeping in (as much as Jr. will let me) and a lot of getting stuff done, which desperately needed to be done. So, I head back to work tomorrow feeling fantastic. Not like I have a million things to do at home. I always tell D that I can handle being behind at home and caught up at work, or behind at work and caught up at home.. but being behind both places is to much to handle. And although I would love to be caught up both places... that never ever happens. So I know that this week will be crazy at work.. home is completely done. I mean every last box unpacked and put away.. ALL the laundry done (yeah!).. pictures on the wall, the whole nine yards.. We are officially completely settled in our new house. Which makes me very happy.
Being that we are so settled we did take some time on Friday and headed to Little Buffalo State Park which is a very cool place about 4 miles from our house. We didn't hike or anything because of the heat, but we did check out there very very cool pool. It has a baby pool with water fountains and things. It also has a fountain park for kids to run and play in with water fountains and little cool things that squirt water. The kids had a blast.. But after a couple hours they were pooped and ready to head home to nap.. (that made me very very happy).
Then on Saturday night we headed down to the Schaefferstown Firemans Carnival. I wasn't very sure at all where Schaefferstown was exactly though I knew that it was a very small town in the middle of nowhere. The only reason we decided to go, since it isn't even an actual carnival is that D won (yes, won he's so so lucky with stuff like that! It irritates me! LOL) tickets to go see Billy Currington. For those of you who listen to country music you probably know who he is.. for those of you that don't .. he is the very hot guy who sings the very cool Party for Two song with Shania Twain. And if you are still completely clueless as to who he is.. check out the website, you won't be disappointed. So anyway we went to the carnival to see him. It was an intimate little show where most people just throw down blankets on the grass, we took the kids and they had a great time. They could listen and dance, yet run around without disturbing anyone. The show was good, he played all the songs we knew and liked so we weren't disappointed at all. (pictures will follow, hopefully they came out)
The best part of the night was that I won something.. finally.. I was just saying to D earlier in the afternoon that the last thing I can remember winning was a Boys II Men tape when I was 13 from a local radio station. ok, so my prize wasn't that great.. just a fruit basket! But I was very very excited none the less.
So hopefully that will catch this blog up, since I have been trying to take a break from blogging all week. I will also try to get pictures of the inside of the house posted for those of you who want to see them.
Hi Ho Hi Ho its back to work I go...

1 comment:

Monica said...

Mary:

Glad to see your back! I've never been a lucky person to win much either. Some people have all the luck!

Can't wait to see the inside of your house. Good luck settling in.

Take care.

Monica