This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Monday, August 22, 2005

Complete Melt Down..

Sunday brought out the Pratt annual "girls day out" (ok so my brother went along too) school shopping event. This year I was on the lookout for great deals. Hey! even clothes for a 6 year old can be expensive. So we hit all the major discount stores. Marshalls, Gabriel Brothers. I was impressed I found some really good stuff for her. So then we hit the mall. I couldn't find shoes that she liked anywhere. The fact that she has HUGE feet (she is 6 and wears a size 1) doesn't make it any easier. So I hit Payless thinking maybe I could just find her a nice pair of white shoes or something. She found these awful ones that she liked and I refused to buy them. Well, needless to say she freaked out.. She screamed and kicked and stomped her feet (I might have to remind you that she is 6) I left the store.. she didn't follow me. So I went in after her.. she was running from me in the aisles screaming 'leave me alone leave me alone'.. I suppose if I was any other mother I would have been mordified and embarrassed, but not me I was just pissed.. and rightfully so. So I eventually drug her to out into the mall and was heading toward the van, all the while she was screaming and kicking.. it was echoing and everyone in the mall was looking at me. I even considered at this point (since she was at the point where I couldn't even talk to her) taking her to the cop's office in the mall and letting them put a good scare into her. She eventually calmed down and was fine the rest of the day. I don't understand the problem. I am not a bad mother but she makes me feel like one. She makes me feel like I cant control her.. D is no help, he just thinks she needs grounded. Unfortunately I think that it runs deeper then that.. I think that she doesn't know how to control her emotions when she gets upset or mad. We will see.. I have some tricks up my sleeve I am going to try.. but if that doesn't work she is going to a doctor..

1 comment:

Monica said...

Girl, I can so relate to what just happened to you. Although I was hoping that by 6 my daughter would have outgrown it. Does this happen very often with her? Or just on extreme occasions? I'm like you, I don't know what to do. And it's not that I get embaressed, I just get pis-ed off! Then I think I am going to lose MY temper. And that just feeds fuel to the fire. What can you do with em? I sympathize with you, believe me. I'm in the same boat sometimes!