This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Friday, August 19, 2005

This week

This week has been incredible crazy... with both D and I getting back to work, getting our new schedules down (it take 25 minutes longer for me to get to work from our new house). The kids have been going to and really enjoying their new sitters. Hailey is officially enrolled in preschool and Olivia starts school on the 29th.. so things are actually in order. Tomorrow night we are having a picnic/party.. or as D likes to say (since we are now officially rednecks) a Beer-B-Que. LOL.. Also his birthday was yesterday so I ordered a cake and everything for tomorrow night as well. I think that the party will go well.. we expect a huge turnout. There are a ton of guys coming up from D firehouse in DC, so that will be fun.

For D's birthday I bought him two tickets to the Chicago Bears Washington Redskins game in Washinton on September 11. D is a huge HUGE Bears fan! So this ought to be a ton of fun.. and although I am merely a Colts fan (go colts!) I have never been to an NFL football game.. so I am excited as well.

I also got a new cell phone yesterday and finally switched from Cingular to Nextel. I was impressed with not only the pricing of the nextel plans and phones, but the service that I received at the store on 32nd Street in Camp Hill. They were friendly, amswered my questions, weren't pushy.. it was a nice change of pace from your usual cell store salesman experience. I am also super happy with my cell phone (which is really cute and easy to use)

I think that is all for today.. we have this black snake that has been hanging around the house.. I attempted to run it over on Thursday but all that did was piss it off. Then it slithered away. I hate to kill snakes but if this one rears its ugly head again I am going to have too.
I love our little hidden paradise.. but I could handle it more with less spiders. Big spiders too.. grass spiders is what they are called.



This is pretty much what they look like except the ones that I have killed in our house now are larger.. I will also add that they do bite and do have venom although not enough to cause any damage, maybe just an itchy rash. Great.. so we have huge black snakes and biting spiders.. Which is all fine and dandy if they would just stay out of my house!




Riley has also since discovered the ice maker on the refrigerator.. So I am constantly cleaning up ice off the floor.. As long as her doesn't show the dog.. we should be in good shape.

Hope the rain stops so the party will be good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK!!!! Now that I'm close to fainting at the thought of snakes and I won't even mention the nightmares I'll have with that stinkin' spider picture....what-r-ya' tryin' to do mary...give me a heart attack?????

Monica said...

Spiders and snakes! Yikes! We have ants in the house and that's bad enough. Can't kill the darned things for nothing. We have tried it all.

As for the ice thing on the refrigerator... Ours has a button you can push to turn it off. Maybe you might want to keep it turned off so they don't get ice all over the floor. Not sure if your's has the button or not. Skyler has never bothered our's. But I'm sure when Chase gets bigger that is going to be a different story.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to enter your this post post on this blog.
Another site to consider in the cell phone java game download area is cell phone java game download.
This blog has some great information, I am glad I ran across it.