This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Thursday, January 27, 2005

One of THOSE days.. again

I should have known it was going to be one of those days when Riley came padding over to my room at 5 am and ask me to turn on cartoons. I of course didn't which sent him into a hysterical fit. When he calmed down I explained that it was still dark ourside and there were no cartoons on yet. He seemed satisfied and laid down. I am not sure exactly why he gets up at the crack of dawn each morning. he doesn't go to bed early. We were having a horrible time getting him to go to bed at all, but do to a tv addicted co-worker and the show Supernanny we have a new bed time ritual that seems to work out just fine for everyone. So who would have ever guessed that a cheesy realty show could actually have advice that works.
I got into the shower after the 5 am wake up call only to be joined seconds later by two sleepy girls. (and BOY do I love having company in the shower that early.) By the time I got dressed and ready for work the girls were still in the shower, riley was running around without a diaper and the dogs were desperately paceing to go out. It was 7 am and I wanted to leave in exactly 30 minutes. By the time I got everything done, riley dressed, hailey dressed, the dogs out, cereal poured Olivia was still standing in a towel in the living room. I immediately went into mom 'drill sargent' mode and go her hiney moving. Needless to say we didn't get out of the house until almost 10 of 8 and I, of course, was late again for work. I am beginning to think that the girls have made it their lives mission to make me late for work everyday possible. I guess the good news about that is that they are succeeding.

No comments: