This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Monday, January 24, 2005

Smoke.. .and then flames

The weekend started well, as well as can be expected considering the impending blizzard. Everyone was at the grocery store on Friday night buying bread and milk, which I don't get at all. Saturday the snow did come.. although not near as much as they expected. The kids and I did was we all like to do, nothing. We stayed in the house and watche Shrek 2.. then we watched Shrek 2 again. So then we watched Shrek 2 again.. I figured when I started to recite the lines it was time to turn it off. By Sunday morning I was dying for D to get home so that I could have a conversation with someone who wanted to talk about something other then Barbies and Polly Pockets. He, of course was tired, grouchy and hungary and just wanted to shovel and go to sleep. Well, I decided to make something fast and easy for lunch and leave well enough alone. I threw two frozen pizzas in the oven and went about my business.. About five minutes later I noticed the house was starting to fill up with smoke. I immediately ran to the oven and opened the door. Thick black smoke came pouring out. Through that smoke I could see flames.. not big ones but big enough to send Olivia running out to D yelling "the house is on fire and its the stove.. the stove". After much cleaning up and ventilating of the house, we came to discover that some wonderful, sweet angel like child had put dog food in the bottom of the oven. Being that the oven is gas it had gotten onto the pilot light and caught on fire. Wonderful huh? And no the dogs dont like their food heated up.

No comments: