This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Friday, January 21, 2005

Tired and then some

Last night was one of those nights.. again. All was well when I got home. We immediately left the house to go and have dinner at a new restaurant down the road, Damon's. It was actually pretty good. The kids were well behaved and well fed. I was truly beginning to believe that all would work out well when we took our three heathens into Home Depot later. Of course I was wrong, as usual. The whole trip turned bad when D had to stop at the Nextel store. I decided that I would just stay in the car with the kids and entertain them with a Disney CD or two. We listened to a few songs, sang along played a few games. Thirty minutes later they were antsy and tired.. riley bit Hailey, Olivia was screaming, Hailey was crying and kicking the back of my seat. She then hit her brother with an umbrella which I promptly took and kept up front. That gave her more of a reason to kick and scream. Her screaming, of course, gave the other two ideal opportunity to scream themselves. It was a nightmare. A woman pulled into the parking space beside us and literally gave me that look that said ' I pity you'. It was horrible. So 45 minutes later D came out new phone and all. I gave him that death look to which he immediately apologized. Well, the time stuck in car seats in the car was quickly made up for in Home Depot. They were so bad. Running around, climbing the ladders. We quickly got our stuff and left. Home wasn't much different, because of their behavior at the store they were not allowed to watch TV before bed. Needless to say, this didn't go over well at all. Two hours, some time outs and a bunch of idle threats later they eventually passed out from shear exhaustion from screaming and crying. Riley, of course was still awake from all the confusion and didn't go to sleep till close to midnight. So, on that note today has been long and tiring. Getting lunch was a nightmare, no one in this town knows how to drive, and with a full stomach I am completely ready for a nice nap.

No comments: