This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Rough Day

My day only turned to worse yesterday when I got off work. I ran to the store to buy blinds, so that people will stop looking in my house when they drive by, only to be met with a ton of traffic. Literally it took me 30 minutes to go 6 miles. So when I arrived at the store I was already in a lousy mood. I picked out what I needed and proceeded to the checkout. The only checkout line that didn't have fifteen people in it was the self checkout. I'm a smart girl, I assumed I could figure it out. Wrong... the machine kept telling me to put my stuff in the bag .. then blinking. I kept yelling at it that I had already put the stuff in the bag but obviously it wasn't listening. So eventually an employee had to come over and help me. I felt seriously retarded. So after she made me feel like a stupid ass in front of everyone within ear shot, I took my purchases and went home. When I got home I parked the car in front of the house and got my bags out of the back. Half way across the street, in the rain, the bag with the blinds in broke all over the road. I gathered them up as quickly as I could and hurried off the road, but a car ran over one of the brackets I bought squishing it flat. Great.. I went in the house just in time to see the dry waller burn up his shop vac all over my living room, which immediately was covered in a thin layer of white dust. Of course there is also two huge piles of white dust from the sanding, which he was unable to clean up. those piles are now tracked via dog throughout the entire house but of course that wasn't before Riley dumped an entire box of clean and neatly folded clothes on to the floor into the piles of drywall dust.
After attmepting to clean up the mess and changing my clothes I took the little dog out to pee. it was cold, raining and wet and as soon as my bare feet hit the wood floor I feel right on my butt. The dog thought I was playing and proceeded to jump 0n me and lick me. The kids, of course, all stood in the door way and laughed. Wounded pride, sore and wet butt I hobbled back in side and vowed to go to bed. Which I did. The good news is, I got my blinds up.

No comments: