This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

And on it goes

Its been a few days since I have had a chance to post. Olivia has been in the hospita since Monday. She was fine all weekend, but then on Monday morning she came wondering into the bathroom when I was taking a shower. She said her neck hurt. I told her that she probably had slept wrong on it.. Go lay down and I would look at it as soon as I got out. I walked into my bedroom and looked at her.. I almost had a heart attack. The entire right side of her neck was swollen bigger then her face. If anyone has ever seen the T Mobile cell phone commercial about the bug bite, that is pretty much what she looked like. I immediately finished getting dressed, we made arrangements for the other kids and I took her to the emergency room. There I found out that she was running a super high fever and had a horrible case of strep throat. To me, that still didn't explain the swollen neck, but they gave her antibiotics (everyones god) and sent her home. I went to work to take care of a few things, since D was home with her. I got a call about a half an hour later that she was having an allergic reaction to the medicine they had given her and was breaking out in a rash. I came home and we called the dr, who seemed unconcerned at the time. Later that evening she had an appt so we took her. The dr was amazed if not stunned by the side of her neck.. He diagonsed it as a absested lymphnode. He sent us home and told us that if the swelling did not go down, come back.. So the next morning when her fever was still 104.7 and the swelling was still horrible we took her back.. The immediately admitted her to the hospital. She was not happy at all, but thats how it goes sometimes. So it has been two days now and D and I have been taking turns being with Olivia at the hospital and being home with the other kids and the dogs. The good news is Olivia is feeling much better. She is up and around and the antibiotics are doing what they need too. they haven't had to drain it, and hopefully they won't, she isn't exactly fond of needles. So in the mean time, she is playing nintendo and getting waited on hand and foot by the nurses who are spoiling her rotten.

No comments: