This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Mice with wings..

Well, it went down like this. At 10 o'clock I took the two sleeping kids off the couch and headed upstairs to watch Law and Order. D had ran to the store to get a few things and was due back any second. Well, about 10 after 10 he came in the door and about two seconds later I heard him running, full speed, up the stairs . He ran into the bedroom and shut the door. I wasn't really sure what he was doing. He was yelling 'You have got to go down there' over and over again. I wasn't sure what he had up his sleeve, I figured with April Fools Day right around the corner he was just getting any early start. I started down the steps and about two steps from the bottom this incredibly large black thing came flying right at my head. I immediately started screaming and hit the floor. As soon as I realized that the coast was clear I ran, as fast as I could back upstairs. So, here we were trapped in the bedroom with this crazy bat flying around downstairs. D immediately told me that I would have to take care of it, he hated mice and mice with wings. So I cautiously started down the stairs again. I could see our smallest dog in the living room running around trying to catch this thing. As soon as this evil, evil bat saw me it flew right at me again. I was stumped and ran upstairs again. So we hatched a plan. I would run down and open the front door and hopefully he would head outside on its own. So we both ran down and outside. Once there, D suited completely up in his fire gear. I wish I had a camera. He had on his full suit, helmet, googles you name it. It was a hilarious site. So we snuck back it and couldn't find the bat. Eventually we saw it hanging in the kitchen. We checked it out a little bit, this wasn't your everyday run of the mill PA bat. This thing was HUGE! Neither D nor I wanted to kill it.. it was definitley scary looking. I figured he was a rough, tough fireman he should be able to get a little old bat. He obviously had other ideas when he told me that I would have to kill it. I compltely played the woman card with him and told him that I am expected to be scared of things like that, I was a woman. After much debating about this, he called the police. A big old heavy police man came and in two seconds (while D and I huddled in a corner in the kitchen) he killed it. So ends the bat saga. Normally I am not scared of bats at all, but this was no ordinary bat, this was like dracula himself..

No comments: