This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Hard Ass

Well, its like this. Tonight I have decided that I am going to have to start dealing with my children with an iron fist. Tough love. I don't mean I am ready to kick them out of the house or anything.. I just mean that D and I are both guilty of saying that they are in trouble and/or grounding them from something, then not following through. So instead of tough love lets call it Disiplinary follow through. Sounds a little less cruel. So, I picked the kids up from the sitters and got a report that Hailey and Riley were both blisters today. Hailey spent most of the day on time out for one infraction or another, and Riley was just bad. I was hoping that they had gotten all the rotten stuff out of their systems so that we could have a peaceful night. Boy, was I wrong. Hailey immediately started pinching Riley, fighting with Livi, you name it. She refused to listen when I told her to put on her night clothes. So I went in and told her that she was going to bed, that I was no longer going to deal with her fighting and yelling etc. So she then proceeded to spit on her sisters bed. Final straw. She is still in her room, no tv... shes been yelling and stomping for about 45 min now. I assume that before long she will drift off to sleep. Riley is finally sleeping.. maybe I can now get 5 minutes of peace and quiet to read Livi her library book.

No comments: