This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Monday, March 07, 2005

Fear Factor

After yesterday I think that I should become a contestant on Fear Factor. The day started at 7 am when I got a call from my mom telling me that Riley was sick and crying for me, I needed to come and get them. She had kept Riley and Hailey over night while D and I went out for my birthday ( which I am taking well considering it puts me another year closer to 30) So as physically challenaged as I was that morning I got myself out of bed and went to get the kids. Riley seemed ok when I got there, although he was running a slight fever and was just laying around, which everyone knows is unusal for any of my children. So we got home and he spent most of the day laying on the couch doing nothing. About mid afternoon i was sitting on the couch holding him when he got that look on his face. Now as a vetran, trained in motherly combat, I knew that that look only meant one thing. He was going to throw up. I held out my hands once again proving that mothers will do anything for their children, even if it means taking a handful of throw up. I yelled to D to get the puke bucket (and for anyone who has children they know that your house is not complete without a puke bucket. Well, he completely missed my hands and projectile vomited all over me.. my face, hair down the front of my shirt. It was chunky blue juice that smelled horrible. I was so grossed out. I was trying to comfort him without actually touching him. D ran in, obviously to late, and almost puked all over the both of us. You would think that being a mother of three that I would be able to handle one of my own children puking all over me.. I can handle a lot of bodily fluids.. puke, is not one of them. Riley seems to be feeling much better this morning. Olivia is still complaining of being sick, and Hailey well.. she's just Hailey.

No comments: