This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Crazy Dog

So, last night I went home after work with every intention of going back to the office to get some important things done. Little did I know that the minute I stepped through the door that all hell would break loose. It all started when no one could decide what they wanted for supper. Although to most 'normal' people that doesn't sound like a big deal, with a house of 5 it is super hard to try to please everyone. Then I couldn't get the stove to light .. then I couldn't get the water to boil. So, I figured while I was waiting ever so patiently for that to happen I would take Tiller out to the bathroom. So we went out back, via the front door as usual since he won't go down the stairs to the basement. He was in the yard chained, when all of a sudden he tugged on the chain and his collar broke. To most normal people with normal dogs this is not a huge deal. I knew the minute that he realized that he wasn't chained he would run off. I was trying to guide him to the house by holding the scruff of his neck and his tail, but he still got a way from me. (hey! I am only human and the patio steps were slippery) Of course he ran off, towards town which only makes the situation better. I ran inside.. yelled to D, grabbed the keys and took off after him in the van. I knew if he saw the van he would immediatley want to get inside. I drove around for a while... stopped and ask some guys who were up the street changing a tire, but no one had seen him. So I went home defeated. I then set out on foot. I walked around for a while calling for him. I didn't even see him and was starting to get worried. I am always worried when he gets loose that someone will hurt him because they will think he is mean. Usually when people see a 200 lb dog, they assume that he is mean, he is obviously not. So I was heading back down the street when I came apon the guys changing tires again. The guy pointed and there was Tiller standing there as calm as could be watching the guys. He was just intently watching them change the tire. He looked so silly. I wish I would have had a camera. As soon as I said his name he took off down the street and right up onto the porch, where Olivia let him in. Can you believe it? All that running around and he went right into the house. I figured he was out about 30 min or so, so he was probably tired and cold.. The big baby.

No comments: