This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Friday, May 20, 2005

the end for geeks everywhere?

I just finished reading a post on Wil Wheaton's blog (how exciting is that?) about geeks. Yes, geeks. Basically there are people who are questioning whether or not this is the end of the 'geek' era.. so to speak. hmm.... now I have never been an ubber geek.. ever.. never really been a huge star wars fan, never played dungeons and dragons, and never "felt the sting of the dodgeball on my face" so to speak. But I have and still do continue to have friends who are. So I was completely fascinated when I read the article and post. The points are well taken. Star Wars is technically over, there is no more Star Trek and dungeons and dragons... well how many people actually still play that? BUT geeks will live on forever in today because of technology. Star Wars, Star trek, Lord of the Rings, although they have seemingly been lost forever are still readily available to all those geeks who tirelessly watch them over and over again. So I say that geeks will always rule regardless of how the world changes around them. And if you get the chance check out Wil's blog and Steven Lynch's NY Post article.

No comments: