This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

So yesterday I took Olivia to school.. the teacher pulled me aside and told me that Olivias sandals were inappropriate for school. I wasn't really sure why since I know that I had read the handbook and was positive that it didn't say anything about sandals, only flip flops. So, I wasn't really sure how to handle it.. should I..
a) tell her that I am well aware of the school policies but I will make sure she doesn't wear them again.
b) tell her that she has no authority to tell me what my child can and can't wear to school beyond the school dress code
OR
c) run home and make olivia change, I should realize that teachers are only looking out for their children's safety

WELL, I should have gone with C because it probably would have sparred me the aggrevation. But instead sweet old pushover me went with B.. The coversation didn't immediately start out as that.. It just escalated to that. I did however tell the principal, when he was called that I would make sure that olivia did not wear them again. Although I felt that if they did not want the kids to wear sandals then they should be more specific with the dress code instructions. He told me to take it up with the school board. (yes, you are right he is not a very nice person either)

Riley has taken up singing. he is so super cute when he does it too.. His new favorite song to sing is Gone by Montgomery Gentry. I wish I could figure out how to post video on here because him singing it is the most adorable thing ever. As soon as he knows that you are watching him though he completely stops singing and gets all shy.

On another note he has been wearing his brand new firetruck underwear all day and has not peed his pants.. Right on!

No comments: