This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Friday, May 20, 2005

Soccer cry-babies

Maybe I shouldn't call them cry-babies I am sure that that is completely insensitive and demeaning of me. But honestly that is what they wer all acting like. Complete meanies and cry-babies. Soccer last night was one HUGE diaster after another. Kids were pushing, kicking, shoving, then crying.. there was lots and lots of crying and even two temper tantrums. I know they are 5 and 6 year olds so I don't expect miracles from them. In fact the temper tantrums didn't even bother me since my children seem to be the masters at those. What bothered me was the fighting. How can I possibly teach the concept of team work to these kids if all they want to do it fight each other for the ball. This is pretty much what a scene from last nights practice looked like:

One kid sitting in the corner of the field crying because he was kicked..
Another sitting on the other side pouting and crying because he was tired...
Olivia throwing a screaming fit on the side of the field.
Two kids drinking ALL the water out of the water cooler...


We also had trainer last night, which technically are just high school soccer players who help teach the basic skills to the players.
So two of the girls were chasing the one player around one was trying to pinch his butt (yes she was only 5) and one kept telling him he stunk.

It was complete and udder chaos.... I finally did this little yelling/freaking out thing that FINALLY made them all come and sit down. I then laid down the line and they seemed to understand and the last maybe 10 minutes I had it all under control.
I am sure that I looked like a complete moron to the parents, but I didn't exactly see any of them helping out, even with their own kids.

No comments: