This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Monday, May 09, 2005

Pathetic

Well the weekend went well, very low key, which was nice with Mothers Day and all. I have come to a conclusion about life though. Mine is pretty pathetic. Seriously, Friday night while most people, even married couples with kids, were out doing their thing or having 'fun' family time, I was at home in bed at 9 pm. All the kids were tucked in and snoozing early and guess what I stayed up and watched? Not an adult show, not a scary movie, no... Monsters Inc. Yes, you heard me right.. Monsters Inc., the kids movie.. you know the big hairy monster and Mike Wazowski.. ( I think it might be the cutest thing in the world when the little girl in the movie (Boo) says his name, it is of course equally as cute when Riley tries to say it). Normally I would say one night of staying home, kids asleep, watching a kids movie, Not a big deal. But guess what my Saturday night consisted of? Yeah, staying home, in bed, kids asleep.. watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Am I pathetic or am I pathetic?

The weekend, especially Sunday brought about beautiful weather here in central Pa. The kids spent most of the morning outside and then we took a walk later in the evening. Our yard is just big enough that the kids are manageable in it. I attempted to get some yard york done on Sunday but it was way to nice, so I just played with the kids. We then took the dogs on a walk to City Island which is beautiful and packed this time of year. It is funny because when we take Tiller there it is almost like he is one of the park attractions. Most people have never actually seen a Great Dane, except maybe on TV. All in all though it was a nice weekend. I am super happy that the weather is finally starting to get nice. I love spring!

Olivia played her first soccer game since the tonsil surgery. She did well, the whole team did well. I am surprised that I am enjoying coaching as much as I am, it is really fun! The kids are having a great time too. Hailey is feeling really left out lately being that Do is playing soccer. So we have talked and decided to see about getting her into Gymnastics. The West Shore Rec Commission has a dance/tumbling class this summer for kids her age. I think that we are going to sign her up for that and see how she likes it first. The West Shore Rec people have tons of activites this summer, which is really cool. Stuff even for kids Rileys age, which could be good for him since he is turning into such a bully with his sisters. I was watching the Super Nanny marathon on Saturday (that just again reiterates how pathetic my life might truly be) and he is worse then some of the kids on there. I have seriously considered applying for the show. I have watched it a ton of times and the methods they use seem to really work. And in my house there are days when I would like to have some kind of method to cease all the madness. Well.. its off to work and hopefully this week will bring with it something other then complete drama...

No comments: