This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Last night there was potentially more drama in my house then I like to handle. I get home and nothing is done, no laundry, no supper nothing. So I was already angry at D for being a lazy ass and doing nothing while I worked for 9 hours. I quickly went into mom mode, feeding dogs, taking them out, changing kids, cooking, laundry, cleaning up. So by the time that the kids were feed, bathed and ready for snack I was absolutely beat. I am in the bathroom cleaning up the large puddles of water that always exist after the kids are bathed when I hear this huge 'thud' that shook the house, followed by screaming. Immediately I went into panic 'mother' mode. I dropped what I was doing, ran to the bedroom, only to find that Riley had fallen off the top bunk flat onto his back. I picked him up, checked to make sure he wasn't bleeding or missing and vital parts, cuddled him, rocked him and did everything in my 'mother' book to get him to stop screaming long enough to tell me where it hurts. When he did eventually stop screaming, 20 minutes later, he seemed ok. As a mother though your heart breaks when you kids get hurt. The intial feeling is you heart in your throat, until you make sure they aren't broken or hurt, then it is simply a feeling of helplessness when you can't do anything. Followed by the look of pure love that they give you when you kiss the boo-boos and make everything better.

No comments: