This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Big Sisters

I never had big sisters. I mean I had a step sister and a step brother who were older, but they were much older and not living with me.. So I obviously never got the pleasure of being picked on and being the guinea pig for all of their little experiments.
Last night the kids were out playing in the yard and I was on the deck reading. So they got the wagon out of the shed and brought it up to the deck. Now those of you who have been to my backyard know that it is pretty much an incline from the deck clear down to the woods..
I immediately ask them what they were doing.. when they hollered nothing I should have known that they were up to something, but for once (not sure why) I gave them the benfit of the doubt. Not two minutes later the wagon, with Riley in it, went sailing out from under the deck full speed towards the woods. He of course was screaming bloody murder and attempting to get out, but the wagon was picking up a lot of speed. The girls were laughing until they saw me come tearing off the deck running after him. The wagon finally stopped... and Riley was ok.. at the edge of the woods. Not the edge that broders our yard, but the other edge that broders the guard rail. He went the whole way though the woods without hitting anything or getting hurt.. that was a miracle. Now, I doubt he will ever get back into the wagon.. and the girls did get in trouble for the little mishap.. and it makes me so glad that I never had big sisters to pick on me like that.

No comments: