This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Friday, June 24, 2005

Horrible Parent?

I am not sure if I am a horrible mother or not, but I sure felt like one tonight.. I was at the mall, just Riley and me doing some much needed shopping. He was being so bad and refused to stay in the stroller, refused to not run through the racks of clothing etc.. (the only thing that made me feel better is that there were about three or so other parents there who seemed to be having as much trouble as me) so I went to the kiosk in the mall where they sell candy and balloons. I had already tried to bribe him with getting a toy and it hadn't worked so I thought maybe buying him some candy would keep him in. Well the woman at the candy counter could tell that I was trying to bribe him to stay in the stroller. She practically scolded me for it.. She said, children never learn if you bribe them all the time" Huh? What? was she serious. Ok, so I bribe my children and sometime, just sometimes it works, other times they are still bad. But you know what, they are my children and I will raise them how I see fit and if that means buying my son sweedish fish so we will sit down in the stroller then that is exactly what I will do! Just an FYI

No comments: