This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Monday, June 13, 2005

It seems like it has been forever since I have been had a chance to update. Things have been crazy and with the weather actually being nice we have been spending a ton of time outside (my sunburnt head and nose will atest to that) Last week was crazy with D's engine at work getting into the accident and him getting called to work, and the work meetings and open houses I have been going too. Friday night we went out for dinner at our favorite restaurant, Red Robin. Their cheeseburgers are to die for. We sat outside on their patio, with the fans going it was actually nice, and not to hot. Plus being outside is good for us because the kids can run around and play without disturbing anyone.
Saturday morning was our last soccer game of the season. We kicked some major soccer booty! and won 4-0. The kids seemed almost reenergized after not practicing all week. If I would have known that not practicing would make them play as well as they did, I would have never practiced. Our soccer party is in two weeks, so that will be fun.. and I get a chance to socialize with the kids a little more and see how much fun they had. (and to make sure I might actually be a good coach)
After the game the kids, nanny, bubba and I went to the Dauphin County Fire Convention and Parade which was held in Hershey this year. The parade basically consisted on fire truck and fire truck. Ok, so I know I am married to a fireman, and I am supposed to really get excited about fire trucks, but they all look the same to me. But all in all it was a very nice, and well done parade. It was very hot and towards the end the kids got very antsy but for the most part even they sat still through it. Riley seemed to get excited all over again everytime a new firetruck came up the street. he loved it!
Saturday night the kids, Nanny and I went to the Thompsontown carnival. I think that we were there many 20 minutes. We saw everything about 15 times and spent about $30.00. it is a nice carnival for a small town, but it is very very small. The kids seemed to enjoy it.

Sunday, D worked overtime so the kids and I spent the day just hanging out and swimming. I bought them one of those little blow up pools and put it on the deck. They had a blast swimming around. I just sat and read. then they went out front and played with the little boy from across the street. It was nice and relaxing for the most part. very hot and we all got sunburnt but other then that, it was good.

Today Riley went to get his stitches out, only they couldn't take them out because he wouldn't sit still.. so he has an appointment at the hershey med center on Wednesday so they can sedate him before they take them out. It would of course have to be my kids that would need SEDATED to have something like this done.. They are such heathens sometimes.. LOL

No comments: