This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Friday, June 24, 2005

Feeling Old?

If you are feeling even remotely old.. this might make you feel older.. so read at your own risk..

Today I was shopping in the mall, Old Navy to be exact. Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville was playing on the loud speaker.. I wasn't exactly singing, but was humming along.. Three young kids, maybe 14 or so walked passed me. I overheard them then start talking about the song. This was how the conversation went
Kid 1: I can't believe they are playing this song in here

Kid 2: Yeah isn't this country

Kid 3: This isn't country.. my parents listen to this all the time

Kid 1: I don't know if its country or not, but is it SOOO old..

Kid 2 & 3: Yeah really

Now, to me Jimmy Buffet isn't that old. I mean I can remember seeing him in college and singing "Cheeseburger in Paradise" at the top of my lungs.. At the time I thought it was cool.. In fact I still think it is cool. So either I am really old, or kids today have no taste in music..

No comments: