This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Almost a trip to the emergency room

After all the injuries that this family has been having lately I am seriously waiting for a social worker to come knocking on my door inquiring about whether or not I have been abusing my children.. last night around 3 am or so we heard a loud thump followed by crying. I immediately woke up and knew someone had fallen out of bed. D got up and went running out to Riley. I could hear him trying to comfort him.. when he said in a dead set serious voice.. You had better come here.
Honestly I didn't even know that my bottom could work that fast at that time of morning. I ran to his room and there was blood everywhere.. On the sheets, floor etc. We immediately got him cleaned up and checked out the damage. It seems that he fell out of bed onto the floor, face first. He bite through his lip pretty good but otherwise there was no major damage.. Thank god there was no broken bones. His lip is still swollen a little (it was in the same spot that he just had stitched).. but he seems in good spirits here this evening, considering all I have been doing is yelling at him to stay out of everything. He seems to be getting into everything lately .. Last Friday night I was upstairs putting laundry away, he was being really quiet downstairs so I went down stairs to check on him. He was sitting in the middle of the floor in the kitchen surronded by broken eggs. When I walked in I know I had this look of complete anger mixed with complete and udder hopelessness.. he looked at me as if to say.. I was just making something to eat. Have you ever tried to clean up eggs off a hardwood floor.. or any floor for that matter.. It took me almost a whole roll of paper towels and scrub brush.. It was horrible.

2 comments:

LAMommyof3 said...

Bless your heart!

BayouMaMa said...

I have a "Riley," too. He's always in the middle of something as well...must be the name. ;-)

Glad to know he didn't need that trip to the emergency room. I'll bet that was scary.








Blog Archive