This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Thursday, July 14, 2005

I am sitting here outside of my daughters speech therapists office attempting to be efficient and getting some work and calls made, but instead thought that this would be a great time to get some blogging done. I stopped at home today to pick up Hailey for her speech therapy appointment and the kids were watching the Disney movie “Chitty, Chitty Bang Bang” Now for anyone who may have seen it they know that it is a kids movie with music and singing. For some reason of ALL of the Disney movies, my kids like this one the best and insist on watching it everyday numerous times. Honestly I could probably recite it by heart and I am not even a huge fan. But Riley is just so darn cute when he asks if he can watch it.. How could I possibly say no.

Also, we got the call last night.. the one we have been waiting for. We got the house.. and boy are we so happy.. I know we move a ton but I think part of it is just that we haven’t found “the” house yet. A house that we have completely and absolutely loved, one that has everything that we want in a house. But I think that this house is perfect and may possibly be the first time in a long time I have actually been excited about moving. So the house is 4 bedroom, 2 FULL bath.. (full baths.. one even has a whirlpool tub!) a family room, a florida room and 4.5 acres! That’s the beauty of the whole thing. It sits about ½ a mile off the main road and you can’t even see the house from the road.. Its amazing and one of the most beautiful properties I have ever seen! The kids are even excited but Livi is a little disappointed that she has to switch schools again. And for that I feel horrible, but this house is OUR house and we are so excited. I think that deep down livi is actually excited too.. She keeps asking if we can buy a pool. Funny how kids work huh? Buy then something and they will be happy forever.

So the only bad things about moving is that we are moving the second week in August. Which is technically our vacation week but buying a house on our budget requires us to use our vacation money. The kids don’t seem to mind and we have told them that we will take them to the beach for the weekend here soon. They would be happy with that.
Disney World next year maybe!

I think too that everyone will miss Lemoyne, but they wont miss the small yard and close neighbors… Livi and Hailey are always complaining about that. They hate having to be quiet because they are disturbing the neighbors. They hate that the yard is so small they can’t have a swing set or pool or anything. I am also concerned that Hailey has to switch therapists again. We are definitely going to have to find her a private speech therapists. I am concerned that although she is making progress that if it isn’t stepped up a notch that she will end up being in the special education classes once she starts school. Not that she needs special ed. I am only concerned because of her speech. She is actually very very smart (almost too smart for her age) but if the teacher can’t understand what she is saying I am afraid that they will just plunk her into a special class. So we definitely need to look into that for her. I think that Riley will be just fine, and not have any speech problems. He definitely has a few words that he says very well for a two year old. NO being one of them.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Congratulations on the house!! Don't you just hate moving? My hubby was in the Army and we moved 10 times in 4 years. Luckily we didn't have kids then so we didn't have to uproot them or anything. Good luck on the house and hope your move goes smoothly!








Blog Archive