This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Monday, July 11, 2005

Monday.. again

The weekend was fairly uneventful, yet extremely busy all in the same. Friday night we just kind of chilled at home.. Although we did get a call from the house guy who said that if the other couple didn't respond to the counter offer by Monday then the house was ours. Either way we could get it but he was just saying that if they didn't respond then we 100% got it. So we are super super excited about that.
Saturday morning we got up and headed down to Harrisburgs water front for Pump Primers. Basically it is a huge parade/fire truck meeting place. The trucks range from antique to new and then shoot (pump) water into the river.. It is really nice really cool and the kids liked it. So we spent the morning doing that, then headed back to the house for a nice cool afternoon nap in the air conditioning. It was awesome. I love afternoon naps.
Saturday night the kids stayed with my mom and D and I met some friends downtown for drinks. It was nice to just sit and socialize with adults for a change. We then caught the late showing of War of the Worlds. I liked it well enough, it had good special effects and obviously the whole concept was completely terrifying but overall.. I was not super impressed. It just seems to me that anytime they try to remake a completely excellent book, it turns out wrong. But I would still recommend that others go see it.. It was worth the 8.00.
Sunday morning was all about the cleaning in our house. I really do hate to clean, but love the way that it looks when you are finished. So, we round up the whole family and all work together to get it done faster.

Here is a really funny.. out of the mouths of babes comment. On sunday Olivia ask me if they could swim in the baby pool later on. I replied with my normal "we'll see" answer.. She just looked at me, put her hands on her hips and replied "boy, arent your pants going to be on fire later!"... I never laughed so hard.. It was cute, yet very mouthy.. She also immediately ran after she said it.. showing me that she new it was out of line.

D's niece had a b'day party on Sunday afternoon so we made a quick stop there for some banana birthday cake and then headed home because D's friend and his wife whom he graduated with at the fire academy were coming up for a late supper. While we were getting the back deck and yard ready for the cook out Hailey feel up the steps (she is getting really good at that) and smacked her cheek bone off the back steps. It immediately swelled, turned black and blue and hurt like crazy. We put ice on it and made some calls. I thought for sure we would be heading to the emergency room again.. but it seemed to be better later that night. She is so much like me in that she is extrememly clutzy.. I am the queen of clutz and she is the princess...

D's friends were great. We had a great time just chilling on the deck talking until the wee hours of the night. Good food, great people.. thats what everyone should have all the time.

2 comments:

LAMommyof3 said...

Lol! Don't you feel like you could just write a book sometimes of funny things your children say? I'm glad your daughter is feeling better now. You definitely don't get the sole prize for being the most clutzy - save room for me! :)

Btw, I am dying to see War of the Worlds - just have to wait until we can get a babysitter!

BayouMaMa said...

Sounds like you had a nice time with your friends...those are special times...I wish we had more of those.

Haven't seen War of the Worlds...not sure if I want to contribute to Tom Cruise getting any richer. Ick! And to think I used to think he was a "hottie."
*chuckle*








Blog Archive