This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Independence Day!

This weekend was jam packed with everything. It seems like I didn't get to bed before midnight any night.. and was constantly on the go. The bright side... it was fun.. the downside.. it went way to fast.
Friday night the kids and I went to a a party at a friend on my mom's. It was tons of fun! There was food, and beer.. fireworks.. the kids had tons of room to run around and were very happy that they 'finally got to play in the country' as olivia put it. the kids were beat by the time we made it home and slept in on Saturday morning for me. I mean they actually slept in past 8 am.. it is the first time in a long time.
Saturday we had some last minute picnic shopping to do, then a meeting about our offer on the farmhouse at 2:30. I think that I might have liked the property the second time even better then I did the first. We were told we would know in 10 days or so, so cross your fingers.
Saturday night a work friend of D's was up from DC on vacation at HersheyPark.. So we got together with them and had dinner at the Red Robin in Hershey. I was vastly disappointed.. My food was good but the others weren't.. and the service was horrible. So FYI.. don't go to the red robin in Hershey.. hit the one in mechanicsburg instead.
Saturday night we went down to front street in Harrisburg.. Music Fest was going on. It was basically the same old same old.. food, games, rides, music.. We stayed for 30 minutes or so.. then left.. I wasn't impressed.
Sunday D worked, again, so I spent the day cleaning and doing yard work to prepare for the big picnic on Sunday night. The kids swam a bit.. and then the unthinkable happened.. It involved the pool and my cell phone.. and it ended with the demise of my ever trustable Nokia. Thankfully my mom (thank you again) had the same phone at one point, and just gave me hers.. so there was no money involved. I was very happy about that.. I did lose about 5 or so of my numbers.. which irritated me.. but what can you do?
Monday was all about preparing for the big picnic.. we made TONS of food, had soda, beer you name it.. and everything turned out great.. Everyone had a great time, and my friend Dave (whom I haven't seen since HS) stopped by.. it was great..
The fireworks in Harrisburg were amazing.. the kids loved them..
Funny baby story. Riley was sitting on the grass, just being very good before the fireworks started. There was this couple sitting in front of us with a maybe 1 year old little girl.. Well the little girl kept smiling at Riley, so he would wave.. they were completely flirting.. It was so cute..
So about 5 minutes after this whole ritual, the little girl reached over and kissed him on the cheek.. he immediately began yelling for me to look and kept pointing at his cheek.. It was the most adorable thing ever.. My baby boy, a heartbreaker already..
So, later on that evening during the fireworks he went over to her and gave her a hug.. I was impressed and saddened.. Saddened because he usually wipes my kissses off.. but I suppose thats how boys are with their mothers..

No comments:








Blog Archive