This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Monday all week

For those of you who may have possibly read how my Monday went this week.. well today was just as rotten. In fact it seems like it has most certainly been Monday everyday this week. Only one worse then the next. So this morning I get up, hussle the kids to get dressed get everything together, ready and in the van.. then the van won't start. Fantastic. Well, it was only 7:15 and the kids were going to my mother in laws.. so I thought that if I called her, and got a ride from her then I could be to work on time and she could just take the kid with her. Well she didn't get here until 8:15, traffic was horrible. So I was about 25 minutes late for work which just seemed to throw off my already crazy and busy day.
At 5:00 I left work with the intention on getting the kids, making a pit stop at the grocery store and heading home Early! Yeah right! traffic was horible.. It was storming really bad and there was water over the road way every way I tried to get there.. I took about 10 different detours.. it stunk. To make matters worse, it was hot, rainy and yucky.
I picked up the kids and was getting out some money to pay my mother in law for somethings, when I dropped a 20 dollar bill. No sooner had I dropped the money, when their dog Winston came out of no where and ate it.. Yes, you heard me right.. he ate it.. chewed it up and swallowed it.. So I suppose the old saying, the dog ate my homework can actually be true in some cases.
On the way home we stopped at Walmart which actually went well, considering the kids were completely wound up.. I was supposed at how well behaved they actually were.
So I bought them a movie. Actually its a rather old movie, but I would have to say was one of my faves when I was younger. Its Little Monsters , although a kids movie, and not an oscar winner by any means, it was nice to see it again. Back in the day of big hair and jelly shoes I was a crazy Fred Savage fan (cmon who didn't watch The Wonder Years) It was just nice to see it.. and it really is a good movie. .Plus I thought that since Hailey seems to be going through this 'I am scared of monsters' stage that it might help. Although there are bad monsters in the movie, it portrays most monsters as friends.. Hopefully it helped.. the spray bottle of monsters away spray hasn't nessacarily been doing the trick lately.

Also happening this week to make it completely miserable. My grandmother fell and broke her hip. I am happy to report though that she had surgery today and is in her room doing well. So that is a huge relief.
Plus, we made a few final adjustments to the counter offer to our counter offer for the new house and submitted to them our FINAL offer. We told them we need an acceptance or non acceptance by 5 pm on Friday. So keep your fingers crossed.. It seems that everyone has been having a rough week this week.... Well tomorrow is Friday, and hopefully it can only get better from here!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Wow, it does sound like you've had a rough week. :-( I hope next week goes much smoother for you! Good luck!








Blog Archive