This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Friday, July 22, 2005

Girls Night Out


I would like to start by giving a shoutout to Monica over at the blog Pieces of Us for inspiring me to spend a little bit of 'girl' time with my girls. Ok, so tonight it was only one of them, but D was spending some Daddy time with Hailey at the World of Outlaw race. He is a little bit of a racing junkie, which is ok since we live so close to so many speedways. I was going to go with him but knew that the little Monkey (Riley) would not possibly sit still for an entire race. So, I took Monkey to my mother in laws and Olivia and I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I knew that I wanted to see it, but had heard so many mixed reviews about it from friends I wasn't really sure if I would like it or not.. I especially wasn't sure if Livi would like it. But it was excellent, definitely a five star movie in my book. There was some definite adult humor, but nothing so terribly ranchy that the kids picked up on it.. and there was also some great kid humor. Olivia spent most of the time laughing at the Ompa Loompas.. They were hilarious. She was a little weirded out by Willy Wonka, who was portrayed as very strange. Johnny Depp was amazing. Maybe even more so then Gene Wilder in the first movie from 1971 which although a classic is still one of my faves.
The good news is Livi and had a great time. It was nice girl bonding time. I am going to have to start making regular time for girls nights out.. With Hailey too.

In other good news, the final offer was signed sealed and accepted today on our house. We are so super excited to get everything in order and move. Although the anticipated move date is only two weeks away, it can't come to quickly. I am excited to just be able to have room to run and garden and let the kids play. I will definitely take pics soon as post them so that everyone can see. Although I hate moving with a passion, I have found that moving so frequently has kept me completely organized with everything.. So it hasn't been all bad. The kids are also looking forward to going to back to their original babysitter, Marie, who was almost like a surrogate grandma to them. So everything is coming together slowly.. and cross your fingers that the weekend goes better then the week did.

No comments:








Blog Archive