This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Friday, April 01, 2005

The 12 Hours from hell

Literally the last 12 hours have been complete hell. It all started last night when I picked the kids up. They were bad.. big shocker there and were running all over the place. I was already fed up. I went home and ordered pizza. We went through our normal routine, taking coats, shoes etc off... (trust me with three kids that is not as easy as it sounds) If I let them do it themselves the shoes end up in different places, the coats are on the floor etc.
So I call the dogs. Bandit runs down but no Tiller. So I go upstairs to check on him.. He is standing at the top of the steps whining... hes scared to come down. Scared?? how can a 200 lb dog be scared of anything... well he is. So I just figure that when he has to pee bad enough, he will come down. So now its been about an hour since I ordered the pizza. We are all starving and wondering where it is. Another 1/2 an hour goes by.. no pizza. By now, I am just pissed.. hungary and pissed which isn't a very good conbination to be. The kids were hungary so they were whining and grouchy which didn't add to my pissed off state. When the pizza guy finally gets there the first thing out of my mouth was " you do know I am not paying for this right" so then I get this big song and dance about how he can't authorize that.. I wanted to know who could. So I made him stand there any wait while I called the pizza shop. They told me I had to pay him, but that they were sending me a voucher for a free pizza. I said you had better be. So we will see..
Around 10 or so I got everyone down and settled into bed, even riley was sleeping. BUT not for long. He was up all night.. he kept poking me on the cheek and saying, 'Turn the Tv on' to which I promptly replied "Not on your life!' Arounf 1:30 I had had enough and I turned it on. He just layed there and watched TV while I tried to sleep (with one eye open)
Around 330 he and everyone else was finally asleep again when I heard this noise. I immediately set up (mother instict) to find Tiller peeing on the floor in the hallway. I immediately yelled at him which prompted him to start to walk and pee at the same time.. So now I had this stream of giant dog pee across my entire bedroom. At 3:30 this morning I was mopping the floors and Riley was awake again.
Needless to say I forced Tiller to go out... and made Riley at least lay down (he never did go back to sleep) and I am pretty much running on empty today. Which can only make for an interesting April Fools Day

No comments: