This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Wednesday, April 13, 2005


C IS for Cookie
Posted by Hello
Ok, so I just read that Sesame Street is changing the image of Cookie Monster. The article on CNN.com said that he 'is a bad role model for children who in todays culture should be exercising and eating healthy' or something along those lines. He even has a new song.. Instead of the usual "C is for cookie" that we all know and love.. the new song is "A cookie is a sometimes food." Are you kidding me? seriously. I watched Cookie Monster when I was little and although I am no Kate Moss, I faired out pretty well. My children also watch Cookie moster religiously but for some reason it doesn't make then eat ands smash cookies into their mouths. So I am not quite sure what this is all about. Isn't it about time that parents start to take resposibility for thier childrens actions? If my kids are heavy, then guess what.. its my fault. Instead of letting your children sit infront of the tv eating cookies all day, turn the Tv off and make them run laps around your house... then give them carrots for snack. it bothers me that todays society feels the need to play the blame game. Society has long been blaming video games, music, violent Tv shows.. but now we are turning on poor Cookie monster too... hmmm.. makes me want to eat a cookie. LOL

No comments: