This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Today I have been faced with one of the most diffucult decision I have ever made in my life. My aunt went to get Olivias medicine this morning. She brought it in the door and all was well. I never imagined there would be a problem with the dogs, she has been around them a million times. In fact when I was in the hospital last years she stayed with the kids and the dogs overnight, because D was away at the academy. So tiller walked over to her.. then just bit her. No growling, no barking, no warning, nothing. I am so distraught. I have literally been crying for the majority of the day trying to figure out how to handle it. Since this morning he has been fine with all of us, as he always is, but everytime I pet him I can't help but think 'is he going to bite me too, would he ever bite me?' So, I talked to the vet and made all the necessary arrangements to have him put to sleep. Its not like this is his first sign of agressive behavior. We have been leary of letting him around people recently because he has been over agressive. As a parent, I can't take the chance of him biting one of the kids. I know that I am making the right decision, but deep down it just feels like I am betraying him. He has been snuggling up to me all day, its almost like he knows he did something wrong. D thinks that I am overreacting and that everything will work out ok.. I am not sure I want to take that chance. Its really hard. We have had tiller since he was a puppy.. almost 7 years now..
So I will let everyone know how it pans out... the plan is for him to go to the vets office, and doggy heaven tomorrow. Is there a way to make this any easier. I don't think there is.. As a child I never had to deal with the loss of a pet because i never had one. Rough stuff, on top of this whole tonsil thing. She is doing ok, but running fever which isn't such a good sign..

No comments: