This blog is a brief glimpse into the crazy and sometimes abnoraml world of my family.

About Me

My photo
You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think. - Christopher Robin

Monday, April 11, 2005

So much to do.. so little time..

So last week I had D start ripping out all the horribly overgrown, left to rot, landscaping from in front of the house. He tore down he fence that created a horribly overgrown vine barrier between our house and the neighbors, then on Saturday morning bright and early we got up and proceded to start the rest. It is such a small piece of ground I said.. maybe only 12 ft X 6 ft if even that.. We thought we would have it done in no time. BOY.. was I wrong. we worked until late Saturday night, all day Sunday and just finished putting the last of the grass seed down last night around 10pm.. I am so excited though to see what it is going to look like when the grass is all grown and green. I promised though that the next project that I think is no big deal and we start, that I will evaluate it and see if we are getting ourselves in over our heads, if we are we'll hire someone regardless of how absloutely lazy that makes me feel. I always figured, why hire someone to do something I can do myself, right?
The kids enjoyed the landscaping project playing in the wet dirt for the majority of the weekend. On sunday they were actually burying themselves in the dirt.. they were so dirty that they all looked like they were growing black hair. It was hilarious.
I got an email today from an old friend from HS.. can you believe that I actually still keep in touch with people from HS? I think that it is so great that even though people move on with their lives that they don't forget their old friends. So she and her husband are moving from Maine to Georgia, talk about shell shock. thats like moving to a foreign country.
Riley was up the majority of the night last night, he kept rubbing his eyes and crying. Not sure exactly what the problem was, though I suspect that allergies was the problem. Soem Benadryl cleared it right up and he eventually and finally went to sleep.
Tonight is our first, not going to rain, soccer practice! I am excited to see how the kids are going to be. Have no fear Soccer Coach Mary is here!

No comments: